I am a good fan of MTN Night Plan, its really cool and enjoyable. One certain time when I have exhausted the 1.5GB for daily I need to go online to correct an error which was so so urgent, I have no other option for me than to try some tricks because am not gonna buy another plan.
Of course I used the MTN SimpleServer which I set proxy and port to 127.0.0.1:8080 to any software I want to browse with, but it sucks because I’ll go over changing all again when 9PM hits 😀 . Then I discovered using OpenVPN which was so damn easy.
- Download OpenVPN Connect for PC
- Done successfully? Then get free servers here
- Extract them to C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config
- Open the OpenVPN GUI then goto your System Tray right click on OpenVPN GUI
- Then click on Settings, set it to Manual Configuration then select HTTP Proxy
- Set Address to 10.199.212.2 and port to 8080 then Ok
- Then go back to system tray and right click on OpenVPN GUI, select any server and connect!
Note: Proxies only work to TCP Servers, don’t use UDP!
This trick also work to Smartphones (Android and iOS) do exact settings with proxy too
Download OpenVPN Connect for Android
Download OpenVPN Connect for iOS
I use iOS which I set proxy going to Settings->OpenVPN->Enable Proxy and enter the same proxy above
Same to Android. 🙂
Please note that I do not take responsibility for other sites and downloads. Always check contents and downloads for malicious content and scan with antivirus before installing.