We all know it really looks weird going back to Blogger after spending sometime with WordPress which should give you more taste in blogging, but I don’t mind questioning your reasons because I once moved back to Blogger after using WordPress for some months with reasons best known to me. 😉
Formerly, I was thinking it’s not possible moving from WordPress to Blogger because Blogger isn’t self hosted and you can’t configure it to your taste but research cleared my ignorance :). Its quite easy and simple moving back to Blogger from WordPress but below are few things you should know before moving:
5 Things to Know Before Moving from WordPress to Blogger
- Your hosted images ain’t going with you, they are still in your WordPress and linked back to it in your post after you must have gone back to Blogger
- Same as uploads or attachments, they ain’t going with you either.
- If you are using permalink which not same as one of Blogger (e.g. donjajo.blogspot.com/2014/06/topic-name.html ) bear it in mind you are loosing your SEO and starting from 0 in it 🙂
- Unapproved comments and Spam comment will appear as approved in Blogger after migrating, so delete or approve them before moving over
- If you are a developer which you share codes on your blog using some syntax highlighting plugins, it returns as plain text in Blogger.
Now ready to move? Let’s do it! 🙂
- Login to your WordPress Admin Panel and move over to Tools > Export choose what you wanna export and download the Export XML file
- Now we are gonna convert the WordPress Export File to Blogger Import File using an Open Source Tool, visit the page here and upload your WordPress Export File and click on Convert
- Download the converted WordPress Export File and save, login to your Blogger Dashboard then navigate to Settings > Other > Import Blog click and see a dialog box where to upload your converted WordPress Export File and verify the CAPTCHA then Import
Once importation is done, post are been added automatically to your blogger. I guess this solves your problem…